Winter months are a fantastic time to discover a completely new side of some of India’s popular travel destinations. Be it the snow covered peaks of Gulmarg or the sand dunes of Jaisalmer, you have plenty of options of choose from while you plan a winter vacation.
Here are the top few suggestions:
- Gulmarg, Kashmir: If you’re looking for a destination which is as breathtakingly beautiful as it is adventurous, then look no further than Gulmarg in Kashmir. The tiny and isolated hill village of Gulmarg is situated at the western extremity of the Himalayas in a subsidiary range called the Pir Panjals. Owing to its location, Gulmarg gets some of the heaviest snowfalls in the Himalayas and has earned the distinction of being the best ski resorts in the country. In addition, Gulmarg offers several other sites of interest for tourists. It has the highest golf course in the country and the frozen Alpine Lake of Alpather.
- Kasol. Himachal Pradesh: Located in the picturesque Parvati Valley, Kasol is a small village 42 kilometers east of Kullu and about five kilometers from Manikaran. Kasol is a base for treks to Sar Pass, Yanker pass, Pin Parbati Pass and Kheerganga. A two-hour drive from Manali, the village which was always popular with backpackers, has now become a major hub for visitors who want to escape the crowds which converge on Manali. It’s also popular for it’s bakeries, restaurants, bars and pocket-friendly guest houses.
- Jodhpur, Rajasthan: The second largest city (after Jaipur) in Rajasthan, Jodhpur is an architecture-lover’s feast for sore eyes. The older historic section of the city of Jodhpur is located around the grand Mehrangarh Fort which is bounded by a wall and several gates. Winding streets and unending bazaars run throughout the city that are littered with shops and thronged by visitors throughout the year. Also referred to as the Blue City, Jodhpur is home to the magnificent Umaid Bhawan Palace.
- Shimla, Himachal Pradesh: One of the preferred winter destinations in the country, Shimla is another great place to get snowed in. Plan your trip some time after the third week of December for guaranteed snowfall. Getting there is easy, take a flight, train or bus from any of the neighbouring cities of Delhi and Chandigarh. There’s lots to do here. Some of the major tourist spots include the Viceregal Lodge & Botanical Gardens, the Ridge which offers beautiful views of the hills, the Mall for a spot of Shopping, Cafes and Restaurants.
- Waynad, Kerela: Located between the Kannur and Kozhikode districts in Kerala, Wayanad is a sparkling green emerald sprawled across the slopes of the Western Ghats. The monsoons persevere here and the rainy season starts in June and lasts all the way till mid November. During which the already lush landscape takes on an even more vibrant shade of green, and everything is washed squeaky clean. The most enjoyable way to experience it is by checking into a jungle resort and it is even better if it has a tree house. Wayanad ploughs tourists with some interesting prehistoric archaeological sites, tea plantations and thick forests.
Plans of traveling to the city of Dehradun? Hotel MJ Residency is rated among the top luxury hotels in Dehradun providing you leisurely stay at the cost of a cheap hotel room. MJ Residency also among the best wedding points in Dehradun and also provides Conference Rooms for corporate meetings and other events.
To make an online hotel booking and to discover more feel free to visit http://www.mjresidency.com/